Monday, August 18, 2008

Week 6 Day 1

Gosh, Is it 6 weeks already?

DH (dear husband) was ill last week so I spent all my spare time getting drugs and medicines for him, as well as doing the shopping since he was unable to do so. On top of that I also have to look after our 6 year old son and keep up with the cooking, the dishes and the laundry. Thankfully DH is now recovering so I can concentrate on Human Resources. We have a test tomorrow and I still need to re-read the first 5 chapters of the HR textbook.

And of course I was following the Olympics as well. Mostly trying to watch the Gymnastics, but the CBC tends to be biased and only showed the Chinese and the Americans, plus the one Canadian gymnast who completed in the All Around final. She ended up 16th.

I was also wanting to see my favourite German Gymnast perform, and so far I have not seen her in action at all. Oksana Chusovitina is actually from Uzbekistan, but switched to Germany after her son became ill with Leukemia in 2001. He was treated with chemotherapy and is now a very healthy 9 year old.

No comments: