Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Week 6 Day 2

Well I was told I made 94% in the Career Management Class, so that's good.

BUT I had a test today on Human Resources. Unfortunately, I procrastinated too long (reading too much I think), and did not do much study. The test is worth 15% towards the final grade. If I get anything below 85% on my final grade for this class, then I'll know I flunked the first test.

On the plus side, I have been in touch with an HR manager at a local book publisher in town. I know I mentioned that I wanted to interview an HR manager because the report was shorter. Well I will still want to do that, but since I cannot get an interview until the first week of September (she is very busy) - that will only give me 5 days to write the report before I have to hand it in.

So I am also writing a longer essay on the difficulties and problems that Female CEO's and Women in Management need to overcome to do their jobs properly. I am using Carly Fiorina as my example. A woman who reached the top as CEO and Chairwoman of Hewlett Packard Inc. Five years later she was unceremoniously dumped (fired) by an all male executive and board.

I am currently reading Carly's biography, Tough Choices, which I picked up from the library today.

No comments: