Saturday, December 6, 2008

Week 21 - Day 6

Saturday today. Thursday was the last day. We did our presentation and the exam. Now I am waiting for result. I dont think I did too well on the exam. I didnt have time to do much study because I had to work on the project.

The other girl showed up on Thursday - the last day of class. All I said to her when she left was good luck. She said thank you.

Next week I will start a new class - Microsoft Applications - Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and also Business Communications. Our instructors name is Jose (hoe-say) - and yes he is spanish. We have a huge big fat book produced by Microsoft about the Applications. It has over 900 pages.

Now the trouble is that most students have Office 2007 on their home computers as do I. So we have to save our homework as 2003 on the memory sticks if they are to work on the PCs at school. So why is Trios College still teaching Office 2003?

Two reasons.
One is that Trios still uses old computers with Windows XP and Office 2003 on them. Some of these computers are being changed for new ones over the Xmas holiday period. The rest will be upgraded next year.

And two is that most businesses have licences for Office 2003 and they often cant afford to upgrade until the license expires. Some have 5 years licenses and others have 10 year licences.

No comments: