Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Week 31 - Day 3

The last two grades have arrived.
I got 88% for MS Outlook and 92% for Business Communications.
So far my average over all my courses - 89%

I have this week off, and interestingly enough I find myself being BORED. Quite unexpected. I would rather be learning than have a break. But I did find something new to learn about this week.

Informations System Auditing. ISACA
This involves accounting and financial auditing as well as auditing the system software. One must ensure that all accounting procedures and Computer information systems comply with the laws of the country where the business is located.

I have always been interested in compliance laws, and I think that maybe I would like to become an auditor. One can learn to be an IS auditor by working in financial or IS auditing and by sitting an exam to become a CISA - a Certified Informational Systems Auditor. I found the Review book for the CISA exams at the library. It looked interesting so I borrowed it.

One of the reason I like this career is because it does not involve the technical aspects of the computer system. I dont need to know how the system or networks work. I just need to know that they work correctly to provide a result that is in compliance with the laws.

One other thing. For those of you who might follow the Groundhog day tradition...on February 3rd this year, several ground hogs in both USA and Canada cast shadows indicating that winter would last another 6 weeks.

However in the week following that forecast, the weather has in fact turned warmer. Right now as I type this, it is raining outside, not snowing. The snow on the ground is MELTING and the temperatures are in fact ABOVE ZERO degrees Celcius.

I hereby announce that groundhog day is a load of bull. I also state unequivocally that the calendar needs to be fixed up ASAP because it is currently 4 to 6 weeks out of sync with the seasons.

No comments: