Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Week 33 - Day 3

Now into the second week of accounting and it is consuming my life. I get so much homework, I cannot find any time to read for pleasure. The homework is a struggle to complete. It's not because I thought it would be hard, but more because I find it boring. I can find no interest in it. So the next 4 months will be very tough.

I really do prefer working with words rather than with numbers.

So far we have done Journalising, general ledger, trial balance, petty cash and today we did bank reconciliations. Tomorrow we do Payroll. Thursday we do review and Friday is the exam and end of class.

Next week we will learn Simply Accounting software for two weeks.

As for the early morning schedule changeover, it turned out to be a non-issue. My son has taken the change in routine in his stride and is enjoying the extra hour he gets to be with his friends at daycare before they have to leave for school.

No comments: